Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Odyssey on a Gyro

I received a couple of pics from Luigi Raymund Lira of his Orbe upgraded Gyro:





He had some kind words to say, which I appreciate, and which echo what others have also said:


"I've been using my Odyssey RP1 XG MK2 tonearm since 1987 w/ a Gyrodec we purchased from your dealer in Hongkong... I was a second year medical student it was given to me by my father as an incentive to keep up the good work/grade...


The beauty of the arm & the turntable was  one of the reason why we acquired this tonearm/ turntable combo... visitors who were not audiophiles who came to our home always complemented that it's the most beautiful turntable / tonearm combo they ever seen ! 



I'm very happy w/ the performance of the Odyssey, sometime I get tempted to replace it  w/ an SME V but when I look at the Odyssey it brings back old memories and the SME looks industrial while the Odyssey looks like a work of art. Most probably this tonearm/table combo will be handed down to my kids..."