Translate

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Chrome RP1-xg (RP1-Cr12)


Here are some photos of the RP1-Cr12. 

As a standard J shape, with fixed block headshell, like this:



or with SME style headshell connector, like this:

Some ended up like this, with a 9" armtube:



Or like this, with a strange S-shape 12" tube (which allowed using the original headshell: it was easier to bend the tube than make a new headshell with a different offset angle. Plus it looked kind of neat.)


These were the last arms of the original RP1 design. Now the only thing I'll be doing is servicing existing arms. Any future new arms would be a revision of the RP1 or even a new design completely, assuming I ever were to do that.
 

So it's finally, definitely, maybe, the end of the line for the old Odyssey RP1 - perhaps...!

But, as always, please let me know of any used arms which might be for sale, or if you wish to buy an arm, or are looking to have one repaired or modified, and I'll see if I can help. There may be arms available via sites like ebay or audiogon and other forums. I may know of people looking to sell (although that doesn't happen frequently, if at all).

Email odysseytonearms at gmail dot com.